This week we read of an event that occurred on the evening of the 27th of September 2019 . On this night Saudi Arabia announced that it was opening its doors to tourists from approximately 50 countries.
Saudi Arabia is an ultra conservative muslim kingdom. Entry to the kingdom has been restricted keeping it relatively cut off for decades. Recent social reforms has culminated in the opening up of the kingdom.
Here are some of our thoughts as to the significance of this event:
- The Evening of the 27th of September marked the start of the Feast of Tabernacles for 2019,
- Mount Sinai is in Arabia. This is where the law was first given to Israel and where Israel made her covenant with the Father,
- This location is now accessible for us – previously Saudi Arabia was a closed country for foreigners,
- The Feast of Tabernacles is all about the theme that God comes to dwell with us,
- At Mount Sinai Moses received the law and his face shone (Exodus 34).
Can this be illustrating that the pathway leading us back to a Covenantal relationship with our God has been opened on a new level?